Monday, November 15, 2004

Camp Feedback2

Am feeling quite bored now,got nothing to do actually.Thought of writing stuffs here.
Bored.Imagine that!LOL!For today,I don't have to worry about work.For today,I don't have to worry about teaching.I don't have to worry about studying.....what a nice break before I start back to work!!!I'm ready to go through the whole work,teach & study cycle this wed for the next ..mm...year,I think!:)

Okay,camp.Mm.

The difference between Theravadan Buddhism and Mahayanese Buddhism is somewhat merged this time round.Good.We live the lifestyle of the Mahayanese practice and learn in the Pali text-Theravadan.(oh,yea,once,in the chinese text too.)But actually,different yet the same anyway.Ah,doesn't matter.

I was initially pressured with the eating sessions.I think everyone felt a little bit pressured.It was just the degree of pressure that varied.I really felt like a nun!hehe.Sit upright!Sit half of chair,not full chair!back straight!hand hold bowl!eye look at food!no noise!finish everything!be grateful!Left bowl to right side,right bowl to left side,chopsticks don't put on bowl,etc etc........lectures on and on and on and on from sifu(monastery nun). :) After a while,it's not so bad.In fact,it's the discipline that I miss now,too!

What else?mm.

I missed the novitiate program by FGS that I initially wanted to participate early this year.What was the reason?Mixture of work commitment,unable to apply for leave,and probably worried and wasn't ready for the Mahayanese approach and nunnery?I'm not sure.
At least,now,I understand what it takes to be living in their 'world'.Wake up at 4.30 am for chanting!!!Difficult to do,especially for a pigpig like me.....who adores sleep!haha!

FGS. :) The kitchen reminds me of FGS in Melbourne where I proudly say that I was once a part-time dishwasher over there! :)

I think Malaysians are pretty creative.I shouldn't say much for the rest of the population...but,I think I heard this comment from a friend.(Ginni).And,I think I agree so,too.

Ah,this time round,the IXP on the last night really reached out.I have to be honest,some camps,the IXPs,I didn't feel much.This time round,yea....effective.We have really great actors and actresses from the committee.:) The storyline is good.I'm not surprised that the idea came from Alex.

Ah,get to tie closer bonds with KP too!We're both facilitator of the same group in this camp.We both have been committees from a camp we used to organise way back when we were 17-19?I still love KCBA gang.We organise camps for one another..ahahha..if you organize one,I be the participant..and if I organize camp,you be the participant.hahah!!!Good practice too.This way,we stay creative and take one another as guinea pigs.^-^ Good way to train up skills as well.

All in all,I think this "internationalizing" of Incovar hits a great start.I even foresee myself going to Thailand for more camps in future.But,still so far,'internationalizing' anything.....well,I haven't seen any organizing activities I have participated go beyond WW9.That is,so far,still the best thing I've ever gotten involved in. :) hehe.

Okay,gtg.End comment.

2 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FGS? what's that? yeah.. ww9 :)

Joice

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Songie said...

FGS-Fo Guang Shan,that's a buddhist association,very huge in Taiwan.They have branches across the globe.The next largest one in Taiwan is Tzu Chi.FGS,Melb is in Queen St & LaTrobe.They have a restaurant in there. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home