Friday, September 05, 2008

Phases in Life

Dear Blig,

Hens' night
I have just returned from a friends hens' night party. Perhaps, not the best party to go to for a single person like me. Especially when it affects one so. However, the bride-to-be is such a gorgeous person, although I hardly know her (have only met her once) but I feel as though I have known her for a v.v.long time. It's almost as if, I really wanted the party to be a special event for her, and I really do love the look of excitement and her happy face light up. That is what it should be! That is how a heart should be taken cared of.

Everyone's heart is precious. Metta karuniya sutta. Why shld there be difficult conversations? I sometimes don't get sarcastic/cynical conversations. Or demeaning ones. Few years back, I wldn't mind being the centre of laughter. Being the 'funny' one out or telling just bloopies stories. But this time, I wonder, - if being an entertainer is as good as getting positive response, that shld be great. But, if it becomes a target of bemusement & mockery,now,something isn't right huh? I'm moody/sensitive right now, and blogging isn't the best/wisest thing to do.Hmm.

Ok, turn the wheel= think good thoughts. :D :D :D
Music Pedagogy
Yesterday, I had a 'high'. :D :D Just when I think life is such a bore, music lights up my life-saviour,once again. Sitting in for 4-5hrs observing the lecturer teach her masters/undergrad piano student was such an - - awe someeee experience.No words can describe. Makes my hair stand on ends, especially when one of her student, is extremely articulate.She played a breathtaking Chopin Etude Op 25 no.11. Tat's not what made my hair stand...what did? The fact that the lecturer knew the piece sooOOOOOOO thoroughly,and when lecturer played, student imitated, lecturer corrected, student tries to keep up,(in a way,defiantly) ...it went on n on-ferociously... I stared & tried to learn, absorb...digest, the teaching work that goes behind the scenes.oh-just-so-WAAOOO.

The inspiration to teach even better grows more n more. The challenge awaits me- and it just kills me to know that I am NOT TEACHING GOOD ENOUGH!!! :( I've taken home heaps of books and dvds on music pedagogy to gulp in. Music- you're still my lifesaver.

Happiness could be, sunshine in the morning. Could be coffee before work. Or even, a hot bath during winter. Happiness,in my context, is the look on the student's face, when he/she 'gets' it, or the satisfaction the teacher feels, when the teacher knows, she has done all she can to pass-it-on. ahhhh..!!
A music teacher inspires, gives hope, opens up possibilities, brightens up ones' days, challenges, shows by example. A music teacher brings so much joy,hope & satisfaction.

I want to be this person.

Hay! I just made myself feel inspired again...... thanks to the thoughts of music ^_^

Ah, such a rant today..... lol.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger yoon see said...

Don't be silly.
I too have that thoughts.
"Not good enough."
So, insteads, we need to look at our strength and weakness for a balance of what to improve and make it better.
What is most important in your life? There are so much self thoughts, comments....
Well, since you have done your best, it should have no regrets.
So why not challenge yourself to another greater height by setting goals-ths short term goal, long term goal.
If we followed the planned paths, somehow we will move toward that direction slowly and reaping the harvest by the end of our journey.
Just like I plan to blog so long....I drew a vision board about it and gave it "Greener Pasture"
Finally, it's here for me and for you guys.
This is one of my "Phases in Life"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home