Friday, December 09, 2005

Pls Spare some Time to Read

As you all know, I’m in Australia, studying musicology, financially self-supported. Recently,since funds are low, I came up with a thought. I would like to share my last research work so you know what I am doing here.

My essay title: “Development of the fortepiano in the mid 18th Century and its relation to Haydn’s Piano Trio in G Major, Hob XV: 25 (Gypsy Rondo), 1795”

“It sounds all so bombastic, but actually, in summary, the aim of my essay was to link the development of the piano (between years 1780s to 1796) with the composer’s (Hadyn) background, taking into account, political and social issues during that period. Then, I selected one of his piece (P.T. in G Major) written during that time to see whether there are any compositional change (analyze it) with reference to a more developed piano of 1795.

In the essay, one chapter will be on how the piano (fortepiano is the full name for piano) changes over time. Then, another chapter mentions about Haydn, a short biography of his life but focusing on what he was doing during 1795. (During this time, it was the Napolean war and Haydn was, pretty much, an old man by then). Finally, the last chapter will be the analytical side of music regarding his piece”.


All in all, maybe a good read? I would say, it is not so technical but more for general understanding except the last chapter. Besides, I also hope that it helps one to ‘read’ classical music better? Well, I hope this will get you interested!

The whole essay amounts to approximately 50 pages (includes the manuscript) but as for the CD, please ask me directly. To cover the cost of binding, printing and distributing, I have estimated the cost to be RM 18 (not in Aud). If you are interested, please email me at lsongie@gmail.com .

Thanks for all the support and encouragement!!

4 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger mistyJo Anne said...

;)

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Songie said...

thx :) how shld i send it?to spore?aus?wherever u r?lol! :)
any other takers?(tx for emails :)

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Songie,
reserve two copies for me please.
Looking foward to it! Will email you my address. So how should I pay you?
:D

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Songie said...

txxx bk!! lol! :) (n msho n ml) :)
:) :) :) :) (n jo!my!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home