Friday, February 11, 2005

Roots

Pagoh-Bkt Pasir-Tangkak-Melaka trip.Superb.Fantastic.Bravo.Excellent.Beautiful.Memorable.

Brings me back to my roots.Reminds me of where I come from.My relationship with so so many ppl around me and also,those not with me 'physically' on earth anymore.How interconnected I am to so many ppl.

Explanation: I get to meet up with mom's side of ppl whom I have fondly missed for so many years.Minimum 5 yrs.I haven't been back to Johor since I was in my teens.Mom's side is a big one.This time,I drove & it's just me n mom.So much have changed but so many things I'm familiar as well.For one,the 'ching chiek kan' ;) from all.The closeness,the laughter,the family issues...hahaha!

3rd Uncle,4th Uncle,2nd(late)Uncle-in-law,1st,3rd,7th & 8th auntie,my cousins(average 5 a family),cousin's children (new!) hahahah!!& latest- cousin's children's children!!!!!!!!!! agh!wow. (note:mom has 14 siblings)

Moms side is always the one with loads of laughter & loads of noise!Everyone fusses over everyone.One of my cousin,whom I am extremely close with when I was younger,came back from Taiwan.Both her kids are older now.... :) I think I'm about to take them like my own kids/siblings.Already 13 & 11yrs old!*hugz & kisses*

I think I have visited newborns(2px),1 mth old(2px),11 mths old(1px),loads of -between 1-5 yr olds-etc etc all the way..hahaha!I'm no longer the 'young generation' but have been upgraded a level higher.Now,I no longer have the energy to run up & down the house,play with pillows,blankets & watever there is.I can no longer gang up with my cousins,tell secrets(whisper nothings & somethings),play cards(or stones,sticks)or feed chickens(or ducks),or even boycott any cousin whom I'm unhappy with(or just for the fun of it).

Instead,I sit in the living room,eat cookies & stare at the kids.Most of the time,trying to match the kid to the parents.It is also interesting to see that these group don't play the things we play.They have the computer & other games which I cannot comprehend.My 'upgraded' status is not awarded-it is forced upon.

Mm..one must really be ready to meet loads of ppl when visiting mom's side.Maybe this is where I picked up my social skills?

When is next time I will visit here again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home