Saturday, October 22, 2005

Student

Time to talk about student.

Phew!2 weeks of INTENSIVE accounting.Try to juggle between work,essay,studying,revising,discussing,relating,explaining and absorbing.This is really intense.I'm so glad.She will sit for exam on Monday.It has been a great time working with you.You're just amazing,hardworking and good student to work with.Just now,we worked through macroeconomics as well.I was be able to remember the monetary policy....hehe..given time,should be able to tutor econs next time.I enjoyed this student assisting me in so many ways.she is good student!!

So tiring 2weeks but OH-so-worth it!I've still got my own battle to fight.For now,I'm gonna take a 1-2hr break before I focus on my essay again.My own work is also pretty draining.Everyone is just studying!!(and I hope to be able to get more opportunity to teach some more please!!)

Few things to note:

1)Music essay demands abstract and factual thoughtflow at the same time.How do you explain colours,moods,sound,texture,tone,feel,effect,touch??Then,there's history,instrument,influences,technical and physical capacity of the performer,musical understanding??Sometimes I think,music is a really difficult subject to learn.It not only requires physical endurance and mental focus/concentration but also intellectual understanding/exceptionally good music 'reader' per-say.(and a dash of 'feel' to it-depending on the piece). For me, I kinda 'gaveup' on the physical endurance because it's too demanding and not satisfying for me (for now).It's the second part that keeps me curious,keeps me asking for more.

One day,I was chatting with a friend,and I mention that I have to go off-to study.The response was 'music?What do you have to study in music?' (dush!falls flat)The general perception of music is 'close your eyes,put your mind somewhere else and let your fingers speak'.(And act like you know something but it's air-up-in-the-head).lol.I laugh as I type this.If this is your perception of music,do more reading please.

Now,if music is a form of expression,then, it must be something to do with relating this expression to someone/others. If yes,then,I'm composing as I type this,aren't I?Because I'm relating an expression to someone/others TOO.That makes me a musician?LOL..... this paragraph...I'm just crapping.But the ones above,I mean it.

I enjoy relating. :)


I wish you all the best,dearie student.You'll do well,I somehow know bcoz u worked hard.Next assignment:work through an accounting PROGRAM with her-MYOB.Gee!! ^-^ SeE you neXt week!
(now...back to essayyyyyy)

3 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger mistyJo Anne said...

Thats a really amazing thing on how you are evolving.. the concept on expression and musicianz make me kinda wanna be like a musician too? :) wishing you all the best in your studies...
Keep Shining and hanging in there always ok - *kambateh :)

 
At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well-explained... now we all have a better idea on music studies and what it takes to study music.

Salute u for taking up the challenge to do post grad music studies... a diametric twist from accounting.

Best wishes always.... :)

ML

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Songie said...

I sometimes wonder,too.Am I kidding myself??lol!Shh..I dun like 2tell ppl wat I'm stdying,coz I'm not up-to-par (yet!)

Somehow,I'm 'pulling' through this sem...so,it's good.(so far)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home