Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Finance

I'm going to talk about sensitive issue now.

It bugs me when ppl ask about salary.It bugs me when ppl wanna know how much another person spends/spent.It bugs me when questions like these pops up.It bugs me even more when one tries to be subtle about it.

My opinion on this:

What I earn and what you earn is an entirely distinctly separate issue.My Pa says something before,'why do u want to compare how much XYZ earns more than you?U never tot of those earning lesser than u?Even better,why compare the earnings?Why don't u just compare the EXPENSES for then u realize everyone has different obligations?'

Look: by the end of the day,everyone is just earning income to spend for themselves and loved ones.SIMPLE!Knowing another person's salary doesn't make things any better but probably worse!

I was an auditor before.I dislike the mentality if it becomes personal.Work is work,and personal is personal.Don't try to be my finance manager and ask me how much I earn perhour/permonth/peryear.Or try to work it out 'backwards' by estimating my expenses or approximating how much I could have saved/earned.I-know-what-you-are-thinking!What do you think I learnt accounting for?

Previously,it was the'oh,she's such a money-holic, by teaching and working'.Little did anyone know that I was saving to come here?Or that teaching,for me,is not work??Now that I'm here, 'oh,she's earning big bucks'...little did you know the expenses that comes with it?Now,I don't bother about how much you earn,kindly keep your mind off mine!

These are the things I find 'funny' about ppl.So-n-so is earning ABC,did u know that?Well,I don't deny the importance of money-as I am barely scraping it through as well,like everyone else.Sometimes,I get lucky,I earn quite an amount of money,sometimes I don't.Sometimes, I just happen to have an extra skill/hobby which enables me to earn a bit extra.But do consider the pains my parents had to pay for such a skill?Those were paid for in advance.Now,how do you compare that?

Now,why get all so green-eyed over another person's wealth??Or even bother to find out??(just to get all so green-eyed??)Where's the logic behind that??

General knowledge u say.Know-the-market,u say.Do u do ur research on friends/family/ppl you care about?

My understanding about $$:
Just work what u can,when u can,the best way u deem correct.Put in ethics and values in it just to keep sane.

Just yesterday,I overheard 2 gals' conversation about them earning $1,000 a night.(I think they think I don't understand the language,probably that's why?)Just feel sad about how low one can stoop down to.Now U wanna be better than the rest in terms of money just for comparison's sake?Go ahead,$1,000 a night.I'm sure there's avenue for both genders.

I'm snappy in this entry but something tells me to write this down. WAKE UP!

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger stupidcupid said...

ya songie, i totally agreed on wat u wrote..comparing..every now and then, people is comparinf with each other, in every aspect..most importantly is how you look at yourself..self satisfactory is IMPORTANT..enough is never enough..once you have $1000, u will go for $1001 or more..as u said, mone ti earned to be spent on ownself and loved ones..as long as we r happy, cukup lar..hehe

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Songie said...

lol.i've said enuf ya?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home