Tuesday, January 03, 2006

First blog 2006

Welcome new year!I embrace the year with wide-open-arms!!Cmere!!hugz!!

Work
Aftter 3 months of jobhunt,I have landed onto a wonderful job.Today is my first day as a supply chain analyst in a pretty large manufacturing company.How good is that for an ego boost??? Certainly not complaining!
I will be here for only 2 months..pray I get full time position after that,but even if I don't,this is one job where I will definitely be able to put into my resume and have another great referee!!It is tedious, to work a few months,then break,then find another one again.It's certainly not my planning!I don't intend to job hop but the nature of the job available to me is shaped in such a way....may everything work out fine.


Karma with Christianity

Within this 2 weeks,from the week before Christmas until now,one thing lead to another to another to another.I won't want to talk about acupuncturist experience but more on Christianity.I thank the GREAT power,to arrange in such a way that I meet SF&K again.Before meeting them,allowed me to meet fellow Msian' family whom I was 'adopted'as goddaughter to my supervisor,then,introduced to her family.From there,her brother cordially invited me to church-where I met SF&K.Amazing. Wait,the story didn't end there.Just yesterday,my student and her mom *&family* gave me the most precious gift any Christian wld agree-A BIBLE.Deeply touched by the gesture,as her mom described in her own words 'we would like to share with you our family's most prized posession-the Bible'And now,I have my very own!!With leather cover and their home made bookmark!!Speechless&touched 2 the very core.............

Now,one thing I wld also like to emphasize-I don't believe in conversion.I am just opening my heart to something beautiful and rare.It's under the same generic term-philosophies of life/history/religion.Something I have genuine deep interest in;but wld not like to attach myself to any kind of label.If I can get hold of the AlQuran and am able to read Jawi,why not??Lini and Fadz taught me a lot on the fundamentals....(and Srmh too)


Even the Buddha says in his diamond sutra-

In a place where there is something that can be distinguished by signs,in that place there is deception. If you can see the signless nature of signs,then you can see the Tathagata.
If u are caught up in the idea of a dharma,u r also caught up in the ideas of a self, a person, a living being, and a lifespan.If u r caught up in the idea that there is no dharma, u are still caught up in the ideas of a self,a person, a living being, and a life span. That is why we should not get caught up in dharmas or in the idea that dharmas do not exist.This is the hidden meaning when the Tathagata says 'Bhiksus,u shld know that all the teachings I give to you are a raft'.All teachings must be abandoned,not to mention non-teachings.


In my own interpretation-All help in application to dealing with LIFE(and death) and that shld be the main purpose.Whatever u call it;Hinduism,Islam,Buddhism,Christianity,Judaism,etc etc...it doesn't really matter.

Now I have a BIBLE-can't wait to see what Jesus has to say,and his followers as well....agh!So so..touched!!

5 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger feichai said...

Diamond Sutta. So deep. Was trying to explain about letting go, even of the Dhamma, but that Sutta just took everything outta my mind, into your blog ;) Btw, now only I understand why meditative swimming is so important. And, Happy NY Soooooong ;)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger cmeel said...

I agree with you Songie... if given an opportunity to discover the wonderful essence of another religion/philosophy/teaching, why not?

Every religion/philosophy/teaching is beautiful in its own way and has much goodness to offer.... as long as we do not have biased preformed idea about it.

Have another awesome year ahead, Song! =)

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Songie said...

happy new year to you two and all too!!thank u for everything;encouragement,support,acknowledgement all this while...it means a lot to me.

Ad/FC:Took everything outta ur mind and into my blog??!I re-re-re-read this sentence and still am out of my mind!*blur*haha!

But,I like Diamond Sutra-soSOSOSo abstract!!And when I have the opportunity to comprehend something(or the lack of it),I will definitely share it;AND-I'm open for discussion!!

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bible can be one interesting read....both the old and new testament. After all, it is the number 1 bestseller right? ;-) Maybe I can have a peek at the diamond sutra when I visit you? Quite curious as to what is in it.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Songie said...

oh yes FM!My pleasure-Diamond Sutra,mind boggling.Will definitely show u-think u'll like the challenge..serious.And the Bible is really bestseller huh!u're right again! ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home