Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Opera -Don Giovanni

Composer: Mozart, 1787, Age: 30

Quick entry:

Part one,very exciting and interesting. The cast played their role extremely well, voice is superb, the storyline, upbeat. ^-^ Love it! Now I find, that operas keep one awake.....much more awake than orchestral works! But, I still find orchestral work more subtle and sensitive, resounds deep within. Whilst, operas are much more loud-in-your-face, like watching a movie. The plot, the facial expression, the costumes, backdrops, ..everything into play. Operas, much more demanding because the vocal work required, astounding. Simply no joke.

There. 3 hr experience. No wonder it's addictive these sort of things. No wonder it costs a bomb to listen to. Yet, I am drawn to the very concept of expression. Sound expression, much less visual. TV, Imax, Surround sound digital movies-they're all good....but somehow, these attract me more. Expensive hobby, this thing.

I wasn't as impressed with the ballet I went 5 mths ago. I had missed the chance to blog about that, but perhaps, it's BECAUSE I wasn't as impressed, I did not feel the urge to comment, then.

Anyway- time to zzz. Safe Journey Png.
Sign off.Over n out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home