Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sigh

Dear Blig,

I've been mindless chicken recently. I hope to repent. I'm sorry. Really really sorry. With mindlessness,comes all sorts of nonsense playing through my head. Mostly nasty ones, not really nice ones. I still want to be 'nice' :) Regardless of the consequences.It's a principle of my life which - I want to keep. And I hope I succeed.

Other things:
Yesterday, I was surprised to learn that my Gd 8 has plans to quit. She says that she couldn't handle the pressure and dislike practicing.The first thing I asked her was,is there something about my teaching?' ;) Phew,glad it wasn't. But I still wasn't pleased with the news. Not liking to practice is not good a reason enough. I said all I could,and I hope this struggling phase of hers ends soon so that she is able to pick up and continue on.

She is barely 17. She is only 15! All I can say is, at that age, it's just lacking of discipline and she needs to build that up. :( I have to say, I'm not a happy camper.

I've got lots more to say at the moment. First things first- focus. Second thing, cheer up!!! Third thing, THANK YOU!!! Hugz

2 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear SH,

I hate to say this but people play best when they are passionate about something. If she doesn't like to practice, maybe it's because the songs made available to her do not entice/interest her. Find out what she would like to do. Give her some ideas and work on that. Play her a modern song that she likes. As a teacher, I feel just getting your students to pass isn't enough. I would want my students to understand the soul of the music. Don't let her thread the same path as I did. If only someone introduced jazz chords to me much much earlier!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Songie said...

Fm,

I have to say:
this girl plays the cello,n has her hands on other instruments as well.She has tried 'other' types of music scores & styles,ie,jazz like u said,leisure pieces(I use leisure pieces as her sight reading),etc.
She is curious,she has the interest,but in short, she is lazy and she openly tells me that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home