Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Daily Routine

Date: 27/7/05
Day: Wednesday
Listening to: Dido & Evanescence, Dido’ voice has a more ‘calming effect/happier/commercial, sellable tone’, Evanescence ‘rebellious & disturbing/ironic/sad tone/techno-maybe coz of the electric guitar’. Lol!
Reading: The life of Beethoven, Cambridge University Press, David Wyn Jones

Decide not to be in the library that early today. Have a few books to keep me occupied already. There are just so many things to do in a day, it seems neverending. Well, which is good.

Lots of things to do when it comes to research in music. Firstly, readings for that theoretical base and knowledge. Then, comes listening, critically, to form a kind of perception or understanding of what the composer is trying to express. Thirdly, performance, imitating the expression or simply attempting to produce those kind of sounds.

So, that’s my daily routine. Readings first, then, later in the evening, listening and moving on to playing. All in all, take me hours to complete a cycle in a day. (not to mention, leisure surfing on other miscellaneous events. Hehe!) What more, I have become so interested in other genres that I, at times, seem to be led astray from what I’m supposed to be reading on!

Cooked nasi lemak yesterday. Easy. Will cook it more often next time. Marinated honey chicken based on Jo’s recipe. Haven’t tried that out yet. Haven’t started baking yet. There’s always something else to do first, like, errands, grocery shopping, banking. Ah! The bank manager just called. Good news, my cheque has been found.

There’s something else I would like to talk about –The Matheson library in which I am always ‘hanging out’ in. But, will save that for next time.

6 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god, it seems like you always manage to find the boringest jobs in the world then MAJOR in them.

Accountant, and now music theory analyzer. There is nothing worse I can think of, possibly except toll collector..

Well at least you're reading for once.. hopefully this time you actually finish the books..

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of books.. did you steal my Lin Yutang book.. I 'borrowed' it to you dunno how many years ago until I even forgot the title..

Oh.. you might wanna try and look for some online classical music radio (opusradio.com.my) and improve on your learning skill thing.. and stop listening to that Evanescense shit.. your lecturer will be ashamed of you!

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Songie said...

for u,everything else is boring except art.That's the ONLY 'in' thing you know.lol!

You haven't heard of my topic yet*remain undisclosed atm*,I'm sure you'll faint.

And gal,I have been reading LOTS!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger mistyJo Anne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger mistyJo Anne said...

Soong-the-worm-book,

Was at your 'M'usic blog, when something caught my eyes ,
'JAZZ' Vocal improvision , and whether 6 weeks is sufficient to affect confidence?
..Is that an assignment question?.. sounds cool :D

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Songie said...

interesting huh?Actually that is a dissertation topic from a lecturer in America.She came to give a talk on her topic.I'm just to write my opinion of the whole deal-which I have not done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home