Monday, July 18, 2005

Saturday

Listening to : Norah Jones, Dido & Classical

Finally moved in yesterday night. Where I’m staying, quite near to Uni. Like my SS14 room towards Metro College in Subang. I’m staying in a two bedroom student unit, the Ideal one I was talking about. Wow, listening to Norah Jones is really relaxing……especially a pretty harsh day today. Sigh.

This morning, my housemate and I went to the agent to get the agreement signed. Housemate borrowed me a bicycle to cycle. (With no helmet….I gotta get one, it’s illegal to cycle without helmet, and especially after today, I think I definitely need one) After meeting the agent, we went separate ways and agreed to meet up an hour later. So, great time for me to shop around, get my groceries and heaps of miscellaneous stuffs to buy. Before I knew it, I have my small backpack filled up and my sling bag as well.

The journey back was tough as the wind was blowing strong, drizzled slightly and I had 2 bags to juggle with. I notice that Housemate has really good stamina while I paddled along (panting away). I had to struggle to balance especially when the bicycle is a mountain bike. Then, as I head down a steep slope, it went quite fast and all of a sudden, DUSH! I fell forward because my sling bag got caught in between the wheels. LOL…sigh. Poor housemate, the journey back, he had to carry that slingbag for me………!!! Sigh, but, thank you really and I am so sorry. I hope he knows. There came one point where he had to sling the bag over his head. 

Lesson to be learnt : I will use my backpacker’s bag for grocery shopping next time!!!
My housemate is a young chap doing his 2nd yr Med and he is from Mauritius. He looks like a kind & helpful person (which he is) and it’s great to have a quite okay/fairly clean unit. And now that I have, sort of, unpacked…I love my room. Hehehhehe..

What do I look for in a room? Clean carpet, good coat of paint, suitable lighting, good bed and table, lock to the room, built-in wadrobe, location and a good, reliable housemate. Now, all is there except lock to the room. I definitely need that. This room is brick wall, so, I’m happy with the level of sound/noise I can make in this room. Just that, my room faces the outside. It gets pretty cold at night and you can hear the window shaking because of the strong gush of wind. LOl….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home