Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday

: ) Exhausted doing kitchen work in the church. It’s not for a thousand kids actually, but for 1K teachers in a Christian teacher’s conference. The next time Harlini mentions about her regular teacher’s conference here and there, I will definitely remind her to appreciate the food she gets, what more, 5 meals a day!! I get to bring back some lunch pack home and yay.. that’s for lunch tomorrow! Mmm…salmon sandwich, apple, juice sweets & 1 huge muffin. The muffin size is so huge, the last one I took, in order to finish it, it took me 2 days.

Joke
Where I’m staying right now, it’s pretty far from uni and from the city. I come to understand that there is a ‘way’ to shorten the time to get ready for whatever that lies ahead for the day. What happens is, some ppl actually get dressed a day before, i.e. jeans and the top. So, all the person has to do is just wash the face and maybe, comb the hair?? When I heard that, I just couldn’t stop laughing……..ggeeeezZZ!!!!You actually plan what to wear and wear it to sleep for the next day?

Loving Couple
Auntie & Uncle are just loving couples. They are the next best couple I will nominate as models for long lasting & healthy relationship. The best couple will still go to my late great grandaunt & uncle in China. (*and 3rd place goes to my 8th Auntie& Uncle).
Simply amazing how some ppl are just so compatible & work things out with one another. Toast to these lovely couples…

Single
There is this singles’ gettogether in the church tomorrow night. I was teased by the ppl here (friend’s brother& cousins) where I’m staying (even uncle) to go for it. Lol! Why isn’t there one in the Buddhist community? Probably I was too busy to notice it. Geez…. It’s nice to be single sometimes, yknow. I won’t be doing what I’m doing if I’m not single.

Time
We had a discussion yesterday. Friend’s brother and cousins brought me out for dinner and we chatted about loads of stuffs. Then, we say that there’s nothing much to do and it gets pretty boring after sometime being here. But, then, the Aussie cousin replied ‘hay, you read when you have nothing much to do. I read a lot’ .That hit me. Yea….he reads a lot. We have loads of time to read, add skills, polish up on stuffs, specialize..and be good at stuffs we never knew we had it in us.
That’s why I’m here.

3 Comments:

At 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Soong Hern..

Wei.. tried to message you the other day, was not able to hear a reply from you..

Sorry for leaving from the MSN so fast, had to answer a call, then had somethings that needed urgent attention.

So what is the verdict now, to stay or to leave?..
I would say, it very much depends on where you would feel comfortable, though for my opinion , perhaps it would be better , if you could stay with aunty for a while longer, to settle and get back use to the Aussie environment. You know right the chinese saying, 10 sticks put together is harder to break than 1 or 2 sticks put alone. ( perhaps, you would find another housemate, in the future?) the choice is entirely yours..

but i would say, .. it will be hard to leave home and then be lonely in a different country (heartache, excitement, dreams, need to be share ...thou there is alot to keep occupied..

Think carefully ok..
Lots of loves and cares,
Jo.



Have met Up With MeeLing got back the book. Thankz...

 
At 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who knows.. Maybe Casian might decide to move out with you?

then comes Charis.. then later me?

Mua-ha-Hahahha

:)Jo

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Songie said...

hay jo, it's decided. :)
I need to move out because when semester starts,vacant places will be quite hard to get.
Moving out.(*fingers' crossed*)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home