Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Updates

Updates. Mm. Lots of new things, lots of new thoughts, lots of comparison going through my head. The weather is nice, cold, a total contrast from where I was born in. Although I expect such weather, however, I’m enjoying the cold now, as compared to before.

Where I stay
I’m currently bunking at friend’s auntie’s place. Really nice ppl and I feel at ‘home’, so taken care of. Home cooked food and family environment. Of course, I should not get too comfortable and ought to find a place to stay the soonest time possible. I do hope my new housemates are nice.

People around
Within these few days, I have met strangers who chat with me, most of the time, while waiting for the bus. One (Vietnam lady) offered me contacts to job opportunities in waitressing, another (SriLankan), gave me his name card, hoping that I will be his potential customer in his computer shop. They could tell that I am Malaysian and, to be honest, I am pretty proud to be one, too! Malaysians have established such a status that, we can, speak good English, and we’re multilingual. Alas…as the lady enquired further, she realize that I cannot speak Cantonese that well and lament on the fact that her employer requires one who could. Actually, I can speak the dialect, but, just not confident to speak in front of strangers. *ah, excuses!* The guy, on the other hand, asks me whether I can speak Malay.

What have I been doing
Enrolment and job interview.

What else?
I have been walking a lot. A LOT. A lot. Funny, I get tired easily. It’s only 830pm now but I’m falling asleep. Maybe coz I don’t see the sun anymore by 6pm. I’m gonna get some sleep now. Tomorrow, another day to spend in Uni and time for accommodation hunting.

Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SH,
All the best to you! Take care of yourself now :)

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Songie!! =)

Take good care and enjoy your studies, work & life in Aust once again! :)

Stay metta-ful and positive as u always do -- and cheery+bubbly+kind+warm+friendly: just the way you've always been. Ppl around u would enjoy your company for sure! (Who wldn't /doesn't?! :)) It's a blessing to all who know u. ^_^

Cheers,
ML

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Songie said...

hay BK&ML,thanks....always great to have supportive friends like you.Makes my day,definitely. :)
*hugz*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home