Saturday, July 23, 2005

Room

Date: 23 July 2005
Day: Saturday morning
Listening to: Anastasia & Blue

Correction: The bicycle I’m cycling is a racer, not a mountain bike.

Great songs to start the day. Recommended, Makes me wanna dance. Although I don’t really like Anastasia’s voice (but, not bad arrangement). I thank FM & CY for all the songs they have graciously put into my laptop. *hugz* Sis’s collection, I have yet to listen as well. I better start intensive listening everyday because next semester would be loads of listening. (and I have NOT been listening to songs agggghhghghhghg…sis is surely laughing at me now. Yes, I’m so dead.)

Been a long week in Uni. Juggling between compiling resources, getting my laptop connected to uni’s wireless connection (which is GREAT!), writing my essay, attending short performances and discussions and even making my own music at other’s compositions’ expense *jamming in the music practice room*

Mm..looking at my room. I have a beautiful altar, drape a purple *big* scarf to the blinds and I have the Buddha’s picture. Sorry, no picture, no camera, no highly sophisticated handphone to show. Below, I have cards of different colours given by friends. Cards I received from Rumah Hope, from KCBA gang during the farewell, Charissa’s cards, Annie’s and my students. I have the crystal Kuan Yin below with an incense holder I bought from $2 shop. My room has blue/purple/dark green as the subject theme but with loads of bright colours. My quilt has stripes of blue, white, yellow and green. Hahahh..why am I describing this?! Because I like my room.

I bought a robe of light blue with pink PIGS. Wli will surely be laughing. My pajamas is blue with brown bear *like Pooh the bear*. One more thing, the carpet is dark green. Can you imagine? Geez…colourful…..never thought that I like bright colours.

Too bad I couldn’t enroll for the jazz funk dance I wanted. (during weekdays, clashes if I have to work) Instead, I have enrolled for the West African Drumming. My hands will surely be sore after the course but will surely help in rhythmic feel. Next time can show Small (my percussion colleague in Ymh).

3 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh.. mama say something about don't follow strangers cars home (from your previous blogs) and whether you are sick or something (cos wounds heal slower or something).

*eyeroll*

-schin

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Songie
West African drums? I'd probably see you as one of the artists in the next RainForest World Music Festival then.
We should definitely do a mini concert thingy when you are back.
Keep up the good work gal and looking foward to more posts!
And pssts... get a camera soon... we can't wait to see your room.
:)

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Songie said...

uhm,Ma,it's just a few scratches.
And the stranger wasn't a stranger!

BK,I'm no performer type but ask me to give a lecture on it?Anytime.^-^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home