Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Getting things rolling...

Date: 19/7/05
Day: Tuesday

Today, just too many things happened. I’m just overloaded with new ideas and thoughts.
For starters, this was what happened.
1) Grocery shopping & errand running, yea, nothing much.
2) Encounter with Buddhist society, yea, okay, sharing of thoughts. One guy spoke of meditation as if he had encountered some mind-out-of-body experience with light and spoke as though it was some kind of sign and another guy’s response to that was ‘Jhana’ and commented that it may be another level up, according to Ajahn Bhram’s book. I was shocked! Had to say something after that. Well, I could be wrong but from my understanding, something like that, you don’t just jump into conclusions and, like, ‘ting!yup, you’re a level up’. Besides, Jhana, for me is a “big word”. Well, just discussions among students.
3) The bank again. Agh. Took me 2 hrs and yet, nothing came up. I was upset with the manager. It has been 3 weeks!!! I gave him deadline of tomorrow. I’m not going to wait any longer.
4) I got a phonecall from People Outdoors to do a camp next weekend. My sleeping bag hasn’t arrived yet….sigh. Will probably make do with a fleece sleeping bag I have always wanted to buy to go with the sleeping bag that I have. This coming camp, I’m not sure what the level of difficulty is, but I’ll get a letter within these few days. Ah, People Outdoors is a camp for the disabled (ranging from the mentally disabled, physically disabled or even both or sometimes, it’s just abandoned kids.) run by the Victorian Camping Association. I did a few last time with WS.
5) Rushed to get ready for interview. Mm. This interview, it is different. He literally ‘interviewed me’ not only in his office, but the whole journey home when he offered to fetch me back. Kept throwing me questions and, yknow what, even if I did not get the job (although, this one, I badly want it), like what he said, it prepares me for the coming questions I’m about to face in my other interviews here. Thank you, uncle.

Coming here to Aus for the second time is different already. Everything is different. Even myself.

And one more thing: This time round, at least, I have a little bit more confidence when it comes to talking to people or expressing my point of view, although, sometimes, still have some difficulty. This is what auditing does to you –Speak up!

1 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Blogger jo said...

glad u have the chance to go back there gal! :) take care ya..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home