Monday, July 18, 2005

The blogger- Sunday

Listening to: ManBai-Kau Ilhamku, Faye Wong-Eyes on Me, I’m happy because you are happy, Nicholas Tse-Wo Men Zhe Li Hai You Yu, Ella-Standing in the Eyes of the World, Abba- Thank You for the Music

Been deprived of internet access for the past few days. But, at least there’s Microsoft Word. One thing I notice here is that, wounds are harder to heal. My hands, legs, the scars take time to heal longer than at home. That’s the not so good part. But, like what everyone says – just love the weather.

My life is like an open book. Mmm….really? Lol. Correction, my life is like an open website. Hehehhehe.

Agh…there’s something that made me quite excited today. I went to Auntie’s place to get some of my leftover stuffs and visited my friend’s brother, Ca and also the cousin, Mch, whom I was sharing the room with. AGHHH…..he (Ca) showed me his saxophone (sighhhh!!) and played it. I have been dreaming of getting myself a saxophone for years. Ever since I have left school band. One day, just wait. My woodwind instrument collection….. but you cannot imagine how envious I was.

Then, went to their cousin’s place (Auntie’s son) and geezzz….another music enthusiast! Goodness, I want to have place like his, a music room! Then, he played me his trumpet- mm..he is good. Smooth. Very in tune with the instrument. His music room is something to boast about. There, I learn about synthesizers (analog & digital), samplers and the most interesting instrument of all, the clavinet.(nope, not a clarinet, no typo, it’s not a clavinova either) Cl was explaining to me about the works of it, one by one. Electronicmehanical instruments – has 5 main groups. One of it is the clavinet. It is also called the electronic harpsichord.…Mozart will surely be jealous since he was only exposed to non electronic ones ..ahahahahah!!

Then, he went on to explaining what oscillators & samplers does and did a bit of demonstration on how the clavinet sounds like-sounds like an electric guitar but much more techno, like the ones you hear in discoteques or in movies. Wow. Cl also mentions about how the gadgets pick up the waves, manipulate it , probably transform it from digital to analog and probably vice versa…how different the synthesizers are. He also says that up to date, the electronic harpsichord (clavinet) still produces that kind of sound in which no other instruments are able to copy. How cool is that??

On a different note, one of my subjects which I should consider is conducting. I wonder what it takes to be a good conductor? One must be able to pick up all the sounds at one go, segregate it if needed and must also have that kind of concentration and focus. I’m not just referring to the choir conductor alone nor the band conductor but rather, on a larger scale – the orchestral conductor. Woa…that one must be really challenging! One must be really gifted to be able to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home