Friday, August 19, 2005

Whoa..long blog

Date: 19/8/05
Okay, finally decided to blog lenghty again.

Now, it’s not much typing work in boss’s place but more statistical work, charting and graph. Figures and analytical work feels more close to home now. And fingers are not pounding away for hours anymore. There. That’s what has been happening to me lately. All good work.

I was just thinking of ‘nama glamour’(glamourous name) given to ppl at work just for ego’s sake. I was once taken as a ‘finance analyst’. Wah..so glamour. But actually, the work is so-so nia. As much as I would like to take pride in my work in the past as an auditor and finance analyst and, oh oh, in biggie names like BIG four and MNCs….I would also like to acknowledge the wonderful opportunities as a kindergarten teacher, piano teacher, A Level math tutor, data entry clerk for logistics co & liquor co, children’s physical fitness centre Tumble Tot’s ‘auntie’, FGS temple’s dishwasher/kitchen hand, Uni’s market researcher & leaflet distributor. Now, typist. Soon, I will write a list of my biodata to put up in the blog. Suddenly wanna keep a profile of what I did and was involved in the past. Good things should be remembered & acknowledged. Besides, it really did happen in the past anyway.

Boss’s place (I’m calling him boss bcoz this is gonna be more than short term thing already… ^-^ )

Today, boss invited a monk to his place. Coincidently, I completed my work before the monk started chanting & giving Dhamma talk. So, I sat quietly in the room and chanted along verses which I can remember. Just too bad, the Dhamma talk is in Sinhalese.

Where I’m working, beside me is a ‘meditation room’. The Buddha image is the same one as in BGF and KCBA. The size, same as BGF. He has other images as well on a smaller table, like Hindu images, Jesus, Mother Mary, Said Baba as well. Like what he says, he also respects other religions. The usual, there’s flowers, candle, incense, mat, cushion… His garden, there’s a pond with ‘white calla lilies’ and among the ‘bushes’ (roses I suppose, without roses yet), sits another Buddha image. In the living room, I think there’s 2 -4 here and there.

So, no ‘curi tulang’/laziness from me….there’s always the ‘Big Guy’ watching…

Okay, explanation:
I will still assist boss in his thesis, but when he is in the midst of writing and analyzing his research (after my chartings), I will be sent to his son’s place. This, I’m going tomorrow (yes, Saturday), which, I’m not sure what it will be like, but definitely, I’m sure I’ll be fully utilized..hahaha... they have my resume and knows what I can or cannot do.

All in all, I’m working for boss as he chairs an engineering consultancy company (and another translation course coordinator chairperson of some sort), in which his son is there, too. He has told me that he will keep me ‘occupied’ with work for a period of time until sufficient ‘local work experience’ to back my future interviews. From there, he will be my referee.


Italian Lady

My new found friend who takes the last bus with me at 7.45pm everyday. She is a small, gentle lady, who tells me about an unfortunate accident her son had 4 and a half years ago. His son met with an accident (hit and run) where the driver was drunk, hit into him and most unfortunately, hit his head. Hence, he is now paralyzed and could do nothing but blink. His dear mom, has been visiting him everyday and the travel involves 3 bus ride and 1 train ride. He was 30 when it happened.

Anyway, we were chatting about cooking. From an Italian lady, I’ve gotta take the opportunity to pick up the lasagna recipe from her. So, there goes.

Not too sure when a lengthy blog will come from me again. Next week, I’m with boss’s son placement. .Not sure whether I will be called to work on Sunday or not, like last weekend.

But work is good. I am not complaining.

4 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger mistyJo Anne said...

Havent seen you online for like a gazellion years.. whre'd u .... been.. :*(

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Songie said...

will meet you tomorrow :)

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger jo said...

hey post the lasagna recipe pls :)

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Songie said...

okie dokieeeeeee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home