Friday, August 05, 2005

Memory

Listening to: Isaac Albeniz-Guitar Trio
Readings: Beethoven,Haydn,ChamberMusic,PianoTrio,Romanticism & Classical period

Ah!Interesting!
Just went for a memory test conducted by a Postgrad dip*like me* psychology student and was put into this 'cubicle room' with a headset and computer.Was asked to pair words that pops up every few seconds,recollect the words as it pops up and the cycle repeats 3 times.

Now,the interesting (and for me,I find it most amusing)part is:that I scored full flat in the first testing itself!In her test so far(about 14 participants),I came up highest because none was able to pair all words correctly the first round.I'm not trying to boast here but I'm just saying,there's something wrong!!!

The only reason I can come up is:visualising the words.i.e. GAS-KING
I imagined the king farting.HAHAHA!!Easy.The other pair which seems impossible to visualise is POOL-TEETH.Now that I'm typing this,yea,actually,can visualise grandma's teeth floating in the pool.

Upekha(gal's name-SriLankan)agreed on visualising.So,the power of imagination is beyond words..ahahha..

But this testing still doesn't answer my life long worry-Why am I so forgetful?Another friend,EK,mention that it's because I don't take heed to unnecessary items not worth remembering.*Which at times,can lead to recklessness*.He is right,to some extent,because,sometimes,I'm just lazy to remember when someone else can do it for me,or that I am able to track it down,i.e.material forms like 'manuscripts,webpages,books'.This is because it clogs my mind.

I don't want to remember so many things.Ask me to quote AASB/MASB,I'll ask u to refer to the accounting handbook,probably can quote you the page number,the best I can do.Ask me to memorize a music score,I'll get u the score.Ask me anything,I will get the appropriate reference/contacts/resources for you.

That's why I blog.Ask me what happened last week,I'll require you to read the blog.
But,what I remember is,the look on so-n-so's face,the feeling I get when I play/hear/express this song/story/topic/character,the happenings on who-n-who's life,the setting of an environment,people around,from the start-middle-end.Rely on instincts?LOL!Expressionism.....Monet..Debussy...Songie...hahah..

Just tot of typing this down.Food for thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home