Monday, August 08, 2005

Matheson Library

Two things(and quick one): Matheson Library and Flowers

Matheson Library
The resource is HUGE & extensive.From physical books to infinite(well,just figure of speech)database in the online resources,microfilms(which,I find pretty handy for library stockkeep)in the multimedia & listening room(which,I think is crappy-not as good as Melbourne Uni's),headphones on the multimedia computers,one huge space for workstations(for laptop ppl to use wireless).

Places to highlight-
Postgrad section(1 floor dedicated to this,shared with rare books collection & sofas for casual reading?).This place,only able to enter with pinnumber-so I dont'have to wait in cue for computers!And the place is 'comfy',equip with a PANTRY,ample reading space,printer,LOCKERS...just for postgrads.

But, I don't hang out here as often as:
Multimedia Section
Shelves of Manuscrips after manuscripts after manuscripts!!!Then again,this place has headphones,so I had to be here.(But,I still think it's not as nice as Melb Uni!haah!)But the use of microfilms certainly opened my eyes a bit wider.Hehe..got some 'theses' in my hand.....for references..nothing much.lol!Initially I thought,it's only manuscripts?No journals/books/theses/writeups?Only then,I discovered the books section..waliaoo..

West Wing section
It's a huge space with just WORKSTATIONS.Wide workstation & powerpoint for each.It feels like office (on larger scale, like EY-Menara Milenium)just minus the ppl.Totally quiet and wireless connection.

Books section
Just books,shelves after shelves after shelves of music books, in Fourth Floor.(I don't know how many floors there are,maybe 5?6?)At the end of the shelves,there's a row of table and chairs.So,my readings can be done there.

On top of that, for Postgrad students, if the book is not available,able to request for delivery from other uni.I have mine requested from Melb Uni!hehe.So,there's also delivery docket section, the asian studies section, the newspaper archival section,lecture rooms,discussion rooms.

So, this is Matheson Library. I'm here,like,6 days a week MINIMUM.
For now,I'm in the Postgrad section.
Ok.Back to work.

-----
Flowers

Oh...and flowers. :)
Roses, Daffodils, Sakuras, Daisies.....it's ALL OVER!!I plucked some roses to put in my room. FLOWERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...just mersmerizing.Makes my grocery shopping more 'enjoyable'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home