Friday, January 13, 2006

Finger Itching

Reflective mood today.Very good for the mind and,as for hands and legs,clean the kitchen,wash my clothes,prepare food for dinner(although it is only 1pm!).I know I want to write something-but not sure what.

Food
How much can one eat??I'm getting fatter by the day.Been feeding myself too much and less moving.I like to eat.Wait-my eyes like to eat!Experimenting with different types of food to the stomach and preparing my lunchbox every evening to bring to AE the next day encourages planning and creativity!Eating healthy.I am giving myself a treat tonight;bought salmon fish last week;whohh...expensive dinner!yummy....(tat is,if i don't screw up when cooking....agh!)

Then,after preparing food,comes the thought:
When do I ever get tired of eating?!Well,of course,I'm not tired of eating-I'm tired ofpreparing..so,can't I just not eat?haha!Of course,on a deeper level,eating is a plague.Given the food,I'm allright.If food is not available-hunger is unbearable.Poverty is unbearable.Misallocation of resources is a crime!

Teaching
My first 'real' music teaching;just a couple of students(4).Finally!My biggest challenge is a Grade6 theory student.She is NOT a grade 6 student,in fact,she is a music student;majoring in saxaphone in the Victorian College of Arts (a prestigious music/art college).Sweat blood.I'm not sure whether I am ready or not,but,I HAVE to get ready-for this is a chance for me to upgrade myself to teaching higher grade 6-8 or else I will NEVER move on.In the music school-one of the quotes written deeply inspires,but I did not write it down.The only thing I remember is something like:
'I learn most-10%from seeing,20%from hearing...etc etc, and the last one-90%from teaching.'This weekend is studying weekend.Get my theory right,get my economics right.

Music Teacher
It's very hard for a music teacher to sustain herself/himself in terms of solely teaching.Unless the teacher is attached to a school(even that!).The poor teacher is at the mercy of his/her students,as they come and go,more often than not,overlooking the fact that this is a profession,and not charity in imparting knowledge.Sometimes,I don't blame irresponsible teachers,for it is not easy to encourage students when, at the same time,there isn't much motivation for the teacher to go that extra mile(esp for lazy students or couldn't-care-less students).V.few grateful students.

As for my first teaching lesson last thursday,I was totally lost in my world with the student.(As commented by one of the parent!).Although it is not a surprising note,because I can go on teaching for 8hrs straight on with interchanging student every 30-45mins.(alas,not enough students for me to be able to do that here!)So,3 hrs is easy peasy.But,it was really satisfying. ^-^ Sad to say,if this is my fulltime profession-the payment/remuneration is highly risky(v.low&volatile,tat is) and can never work.not yet,though. ;)

Aspiration to be music teacher??In due time-in due time. :) (for now,it's work through my graded 1-8 and all other music avenues I can get my hands,eyes and ears on!!)Ah!Finish blog!

1 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger mistyJo Anne said...

SOong Hern..
Kewl.. That was a really long Blog.. Was finally taking to read stuff around here he he.. wow.. 90% of learning from teaching that's new insight.. Very inspiring..Would love to hear more! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home