Friday, June 30, 2006

Nothing to Lose

Sometimes, it is odd. When one has nothing to lose,there is just so much more appreciation going around-for everything gained! Small things REALLY does matter.

One thing I am proud of myself (seriously) is that- what I am doing now, I work hard to get it- on my own hard work and planning.I play my life's chessboard game the way I like it.MY SYTLE. And I have the freedom to change it anyway I want it. But, of course, this, I also thank my parents for allowing me to do whatever I want. (Not that thay have a choice, I know!haha!) Although,of course, not everything goes my way...but I have the liberty to change my style according to circumstances, to fit the situation. ie, yea, you've heard of me saying I wanna be a piano teacher...then, auditor, then...mgmt accntnt, music school....MY will be able to second me to that (of my fickleness!) but, they are realistic goals I can assure you!!Just changes according to time and situation.Recently,I have had thoughts of going into a voluntary-NGO organization and stay with whoever,wherever for a couple of months...now that I have the freedom to do whatever.Wow,if MaPa hears this,they'll fly over and grab me home!lol! (and probably marry me off to a stranger)..haha!

As I was watching the soccer game (ArgVGer),my mind wandered off to-having nothing but feeling richer.

I must emphasize,kindness really DO weigh a LOT.And you won't be able to feel it if you have too many 'material possessions' over your shoulder already.(But,that is when you ought to 'give' then.)I have been showered with kindness over and over and over again throughout the days I have been here.No way money can ever repay.Then,I thought of back home,where I was abundant with material possessions and wealth.The 'cultural' way to repay kindness is by way of 'angpow',or gifts in kind,or a meal paid for the kind deed....Sometimes,it becomes an obligation, in chinese, the ability to 'sek chou'.And for me,being here,having nothing to 'give' in return except by other ways and not material ways....the kindness wasn't 'bought' or 'paid for'.,for I do not have the means (yet).Therefore, the feeling of gratefulness-IMMENSE.This is what I mean when I say that the value of kindness is-whoh.Seriously powerful.It's only when I have nothing to give in return that made me realize how important it is to be kind.

Okay.This should be enough.It's 6 in the morning.Been typing from 4.30am after the game of soccer.Time to sleep.

Thank you to all who have helped me through difficult times.I remember who u are-and am v.touched by the gestures.I'm always surrounded by angels--I'll strive on,because of all of you.Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu...


(KA,NL,JN,ALX,MR&MRSK,CLN,BL,SDR,ML,MY,BY,ADRY,SF&KW,ARV,KR&DN,MGN,VRNC,DLE,AJHN,ETC)

6 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger cmeel said...

How true... i absolutely agree with you that the value of kindness is-whoh.... and small things REALLY matter.

Btw, I'm seriously proud of you too! ^-^

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger feichai said...

Most definately your own SYTLE :) Keep it up gurl! U know u rock!

I too am very proud that you are in the pilot's seat of your life!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Songie said...

Thx loads.Need all ze moral support I can get.Tiring..but I wanna strive on man!!!

and bliv me-letting go is NOT as easy as you think..it is definitely way way way harder than you can ever imagine.

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger alex said...

Hola Songie,

Sorry, out of topics but just want to let you and everyone else who read this blog that KCBA Dhammaduta Youth Circle have our own forum and we wish to get more and more people in it.

So, I am sincerely inviting you and everyone else who might me interested to join the forum.

The forum's main objective is tp provide a place in the world wide web for fellow buddhists to communicate and learn Dhamma through Q&A, sharing of buddhism knowledge and also "virtual-lepaking".... it is a place for everyone to stay in touch no matter where you are. Also, the forum is a place to get more information about the ever popular KCBA Dhamma Youth Camp series.... "Old People" and "Newbies" of the camp are mostly welcome...

Hope to see you there...

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger alex said...

K-YES forum:
http://s11.invisionfree.com/kcbayouth/index.php?act=idx

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Songie said...

Dear Alex,
although you're a dear friend of mine,but advertising is strictly forbidden in my personal space.(even if it is for a good cause).I don't shower you with blood-donation-brochures in your underwear closet,do I?Thank you for your understanding. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home