Sunday, September 17, 2006

Weekend

Dearest Journal,

Sunday already? Lotsa things happening this weekend. On Friday after work, I had my worst facial EVER! I totally loathe it.So sorry for the beautician...but she is terrible!She slaps heaps of watever on the face and roughly rubs it all over,ignoring places like lips,ears,eyes...my god.Then,she stings liquid over my already sensitive cheeks,occassionally saying,relax..how am I supposed to relax when you've got moisturisers in the creeks of my teeth,nose,and earlobe?!Terrible..terrible..simply terrible.

As for yesterday,I spent the whole day with this lovely lady,running her errands.P,lady with MS,unable to use her bodily functions except her head,is a registered nurse and definitely knows what she wants.It is hard to imagine a disabled person's agony,just to run simple things like,buying a drink. I had a challenging time;going about asking people for directions,finding the lifts(no escalators..no way..!),operating the electric wheelchair and trying to listen to her soft,instructing voice amidst loud music at the background.

Sometimes, I wonder,the distinction between volunteering and paid work.I have come to terms that a reasonable reimbursement for the effort will not hurt,especially when it is a simbiosis exchange.However,true quality volunteering is putting 100% effort with no expectation of any kind of return.So,for now,I'm only half volunteer. Mm,better than none.

By the end of the day,she was pleased with the outcome and I was pleased with the effort. Put a smile on my face for some time...what a nice side effect!

Luv,Song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home