Monday, September 04, 2006

Chief Reverend

My third attempt to post something up re Chief Reverend.

I don't know what to say.A very heavy thump-just a very heavy heart.

He is my 'Father' figure, the person who introduced to me the best gift of my life-the Dhamma.

He taught The Way.

'What is the purpose of life,Chief Reverend?' And he answered it confidently,calmly and naturally -just as if, he was explaining it to an attentive 3 yr old girl, searching for affirmation and a guide.

One day,I took my friends to go for his Dhamma talk.He was about to start his talk,when,it got distrupted because a layperson had just passed away and her family members seek his assistance in conducting the funeral rites. So,unexpectedly, we all were invited to a funeral nearby.There,he gave his talk on Death. And my friends got to listen to the profound teachings of the Dhamma and what it is all about-do good,do as much good in this life,because,you never know when it will be the end.

Chief Reverend,K.Sri Dhammananda, you have inspired so many, and I am just one of the large FLoCK of ignorant laypeople. You showed the way and practiced well. Like incense, your kindness is spoken of by many and your teachings spread far and wide. I thank you for everything, and I too, bow down low to you.May I follow your example and practice well.Coz,that's what you have been teaching all these while....may it not go into deaf ears.

Idam me natinam hontu, sukhita hontu natayo
Idam me natinam hontu, sukhita hontu natayo
Idam me natinam hontu, sukhita hontu natayo

ps/may I request for a small picture of Chief Rev? (ML-FM,pls?)

3 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger feichai said...

There's a lot of articles and photos here http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?malaysia

But, if you would like a photo just of Chief Rev. Here's a good one to remember him by ... http://www.buddhanet.net/images/dhammananda.jpg

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger feichai said...

Actually, this picture taken by Jeff Ooi is nice
http://www.jeffooi.com/Reverend_01.jpg

Just,fyi, Jeff has mentioned in his blog that it's okay to use Chief Rev's pictures for his remembrance :)

Some excepts:
Over the last few days, I have received numerous emails from devotees afar who couldn't come to KL to attend Chief's funeral, seeking my permission to use the photos in Screenshots for their blogs. Some also wanted to use the photos for their slideshows at the puja for the Chief in the coming weeks.

I am humbled that if may fine my photos useful, and please go ahead to use them without having to seek prior consent. This is one way of remembering Chief's services to the country and mankind that everyone do whenever opportunity arises.

There are aspects of the funeral which I didn't manage to capture in images. You may like to look at some other resources that our firends have compiled:
- www.oonyeoh.com
- Bugs Tan's PhotoBucket
- BuddhistChannel.tv

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Songie said...

Thanks so much FC.
:) I got it printed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home