Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Excitement

Dearie Blig,

I thought I shld write something in here today. Was a bit hesitant, but I guess, this is, afterall, my everyday thoughts and I just want to be true to myself.

I'm going to Sydney this weekend,taking a flight at 7am, arrive Syd at 830,drive for 2hrs to the forest monastery and meditate. (Ma, before you freak out, it's all safe, all organized, all planned and all paid for. And most importantly, this is a VISIT, not a one way ticket to the monastery) Thought I shld type this out too, just in case she is reading.

Anyway- to be honest, I feel that the stay shld be longer and am still quite agitated that it's not. But, it's bizarre, coz I get this opportunity to do something as crazy as this!In the past,I used to wonder if I shld visit a nunnery- especially the one in Perth, where Ajahn Brahm's place is. But, now, in reality, I'm going to Ajahn Sujato's place in Sydney.And, ladies gets ordained there as well. Awesome.

Now, this trip means a lot to me.(Although, my discipline in food intake and meditation practice this week, is disgraceful). I tried to eat more during lunchtime and reduce for dinner time. And intended to practice meditating...but fail terribly despite an excellent first attempt few days ago. It goes to show, my practice level/discipline is just embarassing.How can I call myself a practicing Buddhist, when I don't practice as often as I should?? Tat's why I call myself Buddhist wannabe....

Anyway- cut the crap.
May our journey be safe. May we be able to meditate and practice peacefully.May we be able to share merits with those in need, and inspire those who seeks inspiration. Hopefully, our trip brings fruitful returns.

Gosh..it's 2 days away now!! I can't belive it. I've been raving about this for almost 2 weeks.
Most important- be safe, stay safe and have a good trip. ;)

http://santifm1.0.googlepages.com/ (Visiting here)
http://www.sunnataram.org/about_us.html (Staying here)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home