Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Blig Blog Blug

Mm..after so long.

Date: 27/8/05
Listening to: Salsa

Dearest Journal,

Now, I can say that things are more or less ‘settled’. It’s like ‘Alhamdullilah’ ‘Sadhu’ ‘Hallelujah’ feeling! Just excellent.

Every Saturday, I go for West African Drumming class. The palms of my hands are bruising and I’ve got a cut, out from nowhere. But it’s good to drill samba rhythm into me coz I’m always forgetting it or just cannot get it. Boss2’s place has a congo and he allows me to play the congo when no one is around. (most of the time, when it’s nearing after work). So, I get to practice as well!!

Wonder if by playing the congos/west African drums, will it hurt my fingers’ nerve and hence, won’t be appropriate, since I want to further improve in my piano playing as well? The piece I’m working on (Haydn Gypsy Rondo) is much more relaxed than Beethoven’s ‘Ghost Trio’. I think the ultimate piano playing for me will be jazz….. where improvisation abilities and memorizing systematic patterns is almost foreign to me.

My WAD teacher took a year off to West Africa to learn the drums from the SU-SU ppl. I like his playing…fuiyoh….his drumming skill playing. Last week, he came in with bandage on his fingers..too much drumming! But, I wanna get the sound like the one when he hits/slaps the drums. Mine is so ‘shallow’. Teacher says that it takes years to get good slap (lol!!good slap!hhaha!).(I'm practicing slapping..let's hope I don't practice it on ppl/students/children!!lol!!) That’s why my palms are bruising….I want that sound not just the rhythms! But it’s always easier for the guys….in piano playing as well, and guitar and whatever..saxaphone… more powerful,stronger & daring. Agh. But I think the female counterpart beats in terms of sensitivity, feel and gentleness.I should also mention that,it's amazing during the 18th Century,the ladies were the exceptionally fantastic and competent piano(harpsichord/clavichord/pianoforte) players.But it's the composers that becomes household names.But, I like Bartok, whereby his compositions are nothing much of the lovey dovey pieces, rather, more drilling and repetitive rhythms.Heart racing beats.

Ok.That was Saturday's blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home