Monday, September 26, 2005

Attachment

On friday,I had an 'insight' from reflection.More like,an analogy and understanding of life.Funny,after figuring that,as I continued reading the book 'Understanding life',I came across a similar analogy a few pages after.Pleasantly surprising and reassuring.

Life:
Analogy1
Imagine a sticky tape or a ball of glue flowing down the stream.The stickyball can come in all shapes or sizes and as it goes along,it either sticks onto other things,or other things stick back onto this stickyball.How much dirt stuck to the ball depends on how sticky the ball is.What sticks on to the ball depends on what comes along and also what the ball attracts.How fast the ball flows depend on the weight of it carrying...maybe stuck to big branch ..maybe stuck to just small light rubbish..maybe stuck to flowers.

Comment
That's life,how I see it.(for now).I'm the stickyball.I get attached to whatever that comes along.At the start,I'm not stucked to anything but as I go along the stream,I stick to papercertificates,stick to fashion,stick to etc etc.Like,a namecard stuck to a HUGE branch(the company)and if I'm stuck to it and probably hold a strong position,I wonder what leads,the stickyball or the branch,Y'see...

Analogy2
Then,the stickyball has many other stickyballs flowing down the same stream.Depending on how sticky the ball is,they stick.LOL.So,it continues to flow down the stream with many many other stickyballs.

Comment2
That's starting a family.I imagine the stickyball being like magnet,so,it 'attracts',most times,the opposite.But then again,the substance must be in such a way that when it attracts,it must produce some chemical reaction that merges and 'froth up' to more stickyballs.Hhaha..cannot think of such substance.So,that is starting a family.

Analogy3
The stickyball is one thing.The stream is another.Some stickyballs are in clear crystal water.Some,murky,dirty and muddy.The speed of the stream is also different.Some fast,some slow.What about the rocks along the way??Some,huge ones,some small pebbles here and there.

Comment3
This is the environment and the challenges along the way in life. The key to living is,not be sticky.

Analogy4
The end?It's a waterfall in the end.Need not comment on this??
Although it is a waterfall in the end...imagine the stickyball.The stickyball can change substance in such a way that,the less sticky it is,the more likely it will dissolve in the water.Now,this:is end of suffering.We either dissolve or just flow towards the waterfall.


Hhaha..Somehow,for me, I keep thinking that the stickyball must be bright yellow in colour.Dunno why.

Heheh..very excited over this.Wanted to key it in from Friday.I'm so crazy!lol!

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah...deep

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoyed reading the stickyball analogy. :) it makes the 'food for thought' easy to remember! thanks for sharing it here. :)

-m-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home