Friday, October 07, 2005

Words

Listening to: 'I saw happiness'-by,non other than,Ade@Iman(&his other songs-Little butterfly)

Dear Journal,
I have been meaning to write this for sometime already but just did not.
Filial Piety.
What does it mean to be filial?Everyone has their own ways.

Ambassadors.
I see myself as an ambassador,representing my parents in almost everyway.Whatever good deeds or merits I have accumulated,I dedicate them ALL to my parents.Whatever good things that I have said and done,it's all because of them.I take careful notice to how I project myself because I am a reflection of my parents.I am their representative,their ambassador.And I strive to be a better person for their sake.

But,whatever mistake or wrongful things I have made,I take FULL responsibility over it.It should not,in anyway, have any connection to them,for it's only sheer stupidity on my part to have been so ignorant and reckless.

Sometimes,when ppl think that I'm here for selfish means and have lack of understanding over my old aged parents,it hurts me so.I'm here for a purpose for only I know and probably will never be able to explain nor want to.When ppl fail to give benefit of doubt to the meaning of going away from home and assumes my lack of responsibility,it tears me apart.

I repeat: what does it mean to be filial?Everyone has their own ways.
It doesn't mean that,by being able to sit by their side every waking hour, makes one even more filial than one who doesn't.There is no need to compare for its different for everyone.

My parents:I place them on a pedestral@altar,I worship them.I deeply respect the both of them.I bow down low to them.I owe my life to them.I cannot make this statement any more clear.-

2 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soong Hern,
sometimes people make comments without putting themselves in your shoes... hence it is only a subjective opinion on their part, and we can only choose to ignore.
Being filial does not mean you have to be with your parents 24-7, but it is how much quality time you spend with them which counts.
You have made a choice which I believe will take you far, and I am sure your parents are fully supportive. Because you have a goal that you want to fulfil, a dream which you want to realise. That is why you are there. To do something that you have always wanted. And sometimes, that is all that matters. Do not be disheartened by some comments made by other people, they don't know what is going on.
Take care.

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger jo said...

happy belated bday.. wish u all the best :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home