Monday, April 18, 2005

Emergency ward

I remember when I was in my teens,there was an incident which happened during camp where I was one of the committee.An incident which I will never forget.
Being one of the eldest in the camp,it was only right to oversee whatever activities held in camp.
One fine morning,a participant fell and hit his lower left side of his body(below the stomach)onto the water meter when he was running down a pretty steep slope.The cut was so deep,he was bleeding and one could see the whitish(probably bone)wound after the flesh.
I could remember the whole scene of the day.It was only me,him and the committee-in-charge of the activity to bring him to the clinic.From the clinic,the nurses took tests and found blood in his urine.The staff then,immediately wrote an urgent report and soon after instructed us to rush him into the emergency ward.There I was,in the ICU of the General Hospital for more than 5 hrs before the others arrrived.
From the clinic to-the tests to-the wheeling in into the x-ray room & later to-the ICU,it was a pretty eye-opening event.

Events which makes me value someone's life.Everyone's life.
This friend of mine,I'm sure it's deeply embedded in him the incident which happened so long ago.The chat that we had,as if there was no tomorrow. :)

I'm no good at handling deaths ah.
lollll/////bizzarrreeee entry.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Songie,
Nobody is good at handling deaths. I dislike hospitals at large because the only reason I had to go in the past was because somebody was gravely ill ( first my grandmother, followed by my uncle) who never left the hospital again. You know what I mean. It is such a irony sometimes, at the 3rd floor you have terminally ill patients in a ward, and every two days one of them pass away. At the 2nd floor, where the maternity ward is, a new baby is born every day. While the relatives of the deceased cry their lungs out on the 3rd floor, the women cry their lungs out trying to deliver a watermelon through something a size of a lemon. Urrgh.
Anyway, I am getting way too bizarre... so will stop my comments here...

Good luck to you in your future endeavours. You can do it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home