Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Lee Pei Jinl

Went to the ICU just now.Thank you,dear guards and nurses who were lenient to me despite me trying to lie between being her 'sister','relative','auntie'and almost blurted out 'friend'(?!).I feel much better after seeing her.Only then,her dad introduced me to the nurses as PJ's teacher. :)

There were only 3 ICU children patients.Tubes running from her left arm,right arm and nose.(nurse was taking blood test from her toes).Chest,the thing u see on TV.(the one attached to the monitor).She is heavily drugged,juggling between reality and sleep,but managed to open her little eyes when her dad tells her I have come to visit.She wanted to complain about the pain and wanting to go home.

*tears welling*

Then,her dad says,'yes,so,u must co-operate with us okay?' Then,she dozed off to sleep a little.Nurses were telling me about how bad it was before and it's getting better now.I'm glad her dad looks okay,smiling,calm,and somewhat-happy with her condition today.A sign of relief.

I was trying to understand what he(PJ's dad) was telling me.My mandarin 'private-limited-company'so,not really sure what the whole thing is about.But,another vague relief is tat,probably it was caused by the new medication PJ is taking dispensed by a clinic in which her body cannot withstand.A slight relief because,phew,it's not hereditry(spelling wrong?!).His dad checked,he has no diabetes.
This means the other sisters(i teach 3 siblings out of 4,youngest,being,newborn 1-2mths back)are okay!!(i presume her mom checked too...I hope!!)

On a separate note:a chat with mom and she just mentioned to me that although she admires and looks up to monks and nun,somehow,reminded me not to be a nun.She could sense?
maybe not now. :)

I'll see you for class soon,yah,Pei Jinl?

5 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger feichai said...

May she recover from her doze of reality-sleep-reality sleep soon. May her parents be free from all worries, suffering and unhappiness.

Here's wishing your wo-da-ni-ah student the very best medication and speedy recover!

Hold those tears soongIE. U? NUN? :) Aspire aspire.. never know ;) Sorry ah Aunty, encouraging your daughter :D

 
At 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soong Hern,
Am so glad that she has passed the critical stage. She is really lucky to have a teacher like you, who showers unconditional love on her students. We need more people like you Songie.
Drop by my blog if you're free. Currently writing (in instalments)the story of a tv series which I had recently finished watching. I was deeply touched by the story...hope you will be too.
On yeah, I did write some comments on your earlier post (the story). Must apologize because the comment appeared 4 times! You must be pretty annoyed... something went berserk when I tried to post it. :P
Have a good weekend!
ps: Can I link your blog to mine?

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Songie said...

:)
Yea,thx fc & bk!!I'm 1 zillionth away from my bestfriend.She is a full-time teacher and I adore her teaching methods,care & concern!!Sure,link my page. :)
It's for students like PJ tat I would die for(figure of speech okayy)..hahahaha!!

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey....how is your student recovering? Everything ok? Hehehe...update your blog and let us all know yeah?

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Songie said...

ayy fm. :)
yea,guess everything is better now.From what her sister tells me,she can eat already.So,should be good.Her sisters did not attend class last week either.I'm looking forward to this weekend's class before any updates.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home